Sunday, September 28, 2008

Psytrance is the shit.

Hey all, I've recently begun to get into a subgenre of trance called Psytrance. It's different from traditional trance (as weird as it feels to call any form of trance "traditional") in that it doesn't rely on catchy hooks, lyrics, or verses to get its message across. Psytrance songs are rather linear in nature and can be quite long, relying less on memorable moments and more on the whole picture, which is rather constant throughout the whole song. This allows your mind to ignore its "expectations" of the music such as "Oh, the chorus is coming soon, I better get ready". Instead, your brain can think and flow freely with the subtle variations in the flow of the music without having any pre-cut expectations for what lies ahead.

In summary: It's good thinkin' music. Lawl.

If you wanna hear it, listen to my Last.fm player over there, I'm sure that's all you will hear since that's all I have listened to all night. If it's working like it says it does, you should hear Psytrance playing right now.

Anyway, ciao, I justed to post my thoughts on it... that no one will read.

1 comment:

Alexander said...

Check out ektoplazm.com if you haven't already. Lots of free music to download.