Monday, December 15, 2008

George W. Bush: As agile as a puma.

I'm sure everyone has heard the story and seen the video of George W. Bush stealthily dodging a pair of shoes thrown at him by an Iraqi man at a press conference yesterday. It was pretty insane and hilarious to watch.

But I think the most epic thing of all about this incident is just how agile Bush really is. He's stealthy and nimble, very much like a cat. The first shoe comes flying his way like a heat-seeking missile, and he pulls a Matrix maneuver and dodges it. Then he appears to bat the second one away with his hand, or at least would have if the shoe hadn't missed entirely and hit the flag behind him.

Now I don't know about you guys, but if I was standing in front of that podium and saw that shoe flying toward me, I would probably freeze up and get nailed by it, or try to block it with my arms instead of stealthily dodging it. That took some skill. Ninja skill.

President Bush, I don't even like you. But mad respect for that epic shoe dodge. You, sir, did it.

No comments: