Friday, December 12, 2008

Procrastination: The Sole Cause of My Problems

Seriously, it is.

If I could completely eliminate procrastination from my life, I would be set. But for some reason, it destroys me every time and I somehow don't learn from my mistakes and I let it keep happening.

For instance, at this very moment I should be painting and finishing my portfolio for this semester. But knowing me, I'll sit here doing nothing for a little while longer and end up schlepping the thing together in a panic.

On paper, why should I even procrastinate? Either way, I'm going to have to do the work, and if I am putting it off by doing something more leisurely, I won't even get to enjoy it because I'm - get this - dreading the work I have ahead of me. On the other hand, if I were to go ahead and get the work done in a timely fashion, my quality of work would go up, I would eliminate stress, my grades would improve, and by the time I was finished, I could enjoy those same leisurely moments, only with a clear mind and without the stress that accompanies impending deadlines.

Oh shit, I just talked sense into myself somehow. God I'm an idiot. Time to get this last night of work out of the way before Christmas break.

No comments: